Skip to Content


Dual Park Pass Proposed for Lassen & Whiskeytown

Posted September 30, 2019

Lassen Volcanic National Park, in conjunction with Whiskeytown National Recreation Area, invites the public to comment on a proposal to implement a dual park pass. The dual park pass will allow visitors to access both parks through the purchase of a single pass. This new pass will align the price of each parks' annual park pass to an equivalent amount, which would allow visitors unlimited entry to both National Park Service sites with the added convenience of only having to purchase one annual pass. The dual pass will cost the same as the current Lassen Volcanic annual park pass ($55), which will result in a $10 increase to the current $45 annual Whiskeytown pass. The annual dual park pass is expected to be implemented on January 1, 2020.

The comment period begins September 19, 2019 and ends on October 19, 2019. The public can submit comments online at by selecting the link for: Proposed Implementation of Dual Park Pass for Lassen Volcanic National Park and Whiskeytown National Recreation. The comment link is only valid during the comment period.

For those who wish to comment by mail, please send comments to:

Lassen Volcanic National Park
P.O. Box 100
Mineral, CA 96063

Please be aware that entire comments, including personal identifying information such as address, phone number, email address, may be made publicly available at any time. Although commenters can ask us to withhold your personal identifying information from public review, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.

The current National Park Service fee program began in 1997 and allows parks to retain 80 percent of monies collected. The remaining 20 percent has gone into a fund to support park units where fees are not charged.

Entrance fees are not charged to persons under 16 years of age or holders of the America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Senior, Access or Military Passes. These passes may be obtained at the Park. Interagency Passes, which are honored at all federally managed land units, are not affected by the proposed fee increase and will remain at $80 for the Interagency Annual Pass, $20 for the Senior Interagency Annual Pass, $80 for the Senior Interagency Lifetime Pass, and free for the Access, Military, and 4th Grade Student passes.

For more information about Lassen Volcanic National Park, please visit; contact the park at (530) 595-4480 or; find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube @LassenNPS.

About the National Park Service. More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for America’s 419 national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Learn more at, and on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube @nationalparkservice. #FindYourPark

Back to top